Concert 2CELLOS in Zagreb

We came to the place 20 minutes earlier. Trg Kralja Tomislava (King Tomislav's square) is full.  It's looked like a lot of people came here a few hours before. Unfortunately I'm not tall so I had a problem finding a place from where I can see anything. Finally I succeeded at passing through the crowd and finding not a very comfortable position between other people. My location was exactly behind those guys dealing with sound etc. Uh, well... at last I can see 1 screen, which shows us what's going on on the stage. Lots of people are nervous because of the waiting and waiting, and waiting. Person on person... You can feel the edge in the air and smell the sweat, everything! No mosquito will come here, nope! There's nothing strange in this situation - this is a long awaited concert and it's for free! Because of 5 years of existence of the famous 2CELLOS.

Some are really disappointed because instead of 2cellos, at 9 PM "The Leading Guy" started singing. Oh, he is nice, only one man with a guitar and he sounds good. Because of his sound and style he reminds me of The Passenger. If you like The Passenger, you will be amazed by "The Leading Guy".

Our stars: 2CELLOS, came a little before 10 pm. Immediately a BIG SCREAM!! If you could loose consciousness, pass out in this crowd, surely you would. Oh my God! They are here for real! After all these years of watching them on YouTube and TV - finally I will have an opportunity to listen to them live and watch them live on the screens!! What a happy coincidence that I've got with me a little chair on which I can stand. It lets me see the heads of Stjepan and Luka (big as little peas far, far away on the stage... but.. They are here!!).

They greeted us playfully which is their style. For example, they said to sing along if someone knows the lyrics of their songs, because they don't know them. They also told us that we can jump around, but no throwing flares on the stage (a reference to a Croatian football team match on Euro2016 where fans threw flares and fireworks on the stadium field and it was a big disgrace). They began with calm, classic music, too much calm... Happily they said that this is not a classical music concert. And it began!

After a few calmer songs they started to play faster. They played wonderfully on their cellos (2 cellos) and magic happened.  Sweat - disappeared, sound - sailed, joy - came, tiredness - dissipated, unity - began. People started clapping happily, singing and all of a sudden the great mass of sardines on Tomislav Square swayed to the beat and rhythm of their songs. That's how good magical music works. It doesn't matter if I'm under the stage (okay I would have probably lost consciousness under the stage... and being where I was, at least I didn't miss the show!), or behind the whole crowd (okay, I was in the middle, not too close but not to far away and I saw the screens!), or if I saw them live (little heads on the stage but LIVE!) - I was having so much fun. Even the age borders disappeared. An old lady jumped and danced longer than lots of young girls including myself.

I didn't forget about you my dear readers... Nope. I recorded a few pieces of songs as good as I could. I deleted some of them because it's not the same as the live show. But what I have - I will share with You. The quality is what it is so please consider my situation. It's good :)

This part of the show shows the atmosphere:



There were also some surprises like this one.:




And because 2CELLOS are international stars on a high level, the show is not a show without foreign guests. Do you know this guy?




After listening to Zuccero it's time to chill down and listen to something soothing - Vilo moja, everybody calmed down, they sang, they cried, I cried... :





And with this beautiful song I'm ending my post. Hope You liked it?

PS: For those who still want more - I found a summary of the concert in good quality. A YouTube video from someone who had the good fortune to be closer to the stage:


Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Interesting facts about Croatia

The best ice creams in Croatia (interview)

Kawa na ławę